A clever patient!

One day, a patient went to a dental surgeon. He was having a tooth problem and previously he was told to extract the tooth by another dentist. That day he went for tooth extraction. Firstly, he wanted to know about the procedure cost and asked the doctor about it. He was told that it would cost him 200$. The patient thought for a while and it appeared too much for him. So, he asked about any other cheaper method.


The dentist replied, "Yes! There is another way. Tooth extraction can be done without anesthesia and it will cost you only 50$. But it will be very much painful".
The patient told, "Okay Dr.! I will do it without anesthesia. I will tolerate the pain."
In next few minutes, the procedure was done and the tooth was removed without any anesthesia. During the whole process, the patient remained calm and quiet. Even, he was smiling a little time to time.

The dental surgeon was very much surprised. He didn't experience anything like before. He was too impressed and asked the patient, "In my practice life, I haven't encountered such a brave patient like you. I won't even take my fees from you. Take this 50$ instead as a reward for your bravery. Today you told me a great lesson about how to conquer one's pain!"

Later, at that evening, the doctor was in a meeting with his fellow dental surgeons and telling everyone about the brave patient.

Suddenly, from the meeting, a doctor jumped out and started shouting loudly, "Today morning one patient came to me for tooth extraction. I gave him anesthesia and told him to wait outside for half an hour. But later, when I searched him, he had gone".

Post a Comment

0 Comments